Wanna try my vegan Papaya Lumpia recipe?
Being a vegan is a very challenging life style. Every day of your life is full of challenges and new adventures - looking for dining out options that can serve you dairy-free food, shopping for free cruelty toiletries and clothes, and buying ingredients for your kitchen cupboards as well. I hope this website can give you enough strength to continue to save our environment and to fight for animal rights.
3 cup green papaya, shredded
2 Tbsp onions, sliced
½ cup fried tokwa (firm tofu), sliced to small pieces
¼ cup sweet potato, sliced thinly
2 segments garlic, chopped
¼ cup sauce
2 Tbsp oil
¼ cup vegetable stock
1½ cup water
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
- Sauté garlic in oil; add onion, tokwa. Sauté until done. Stir in the stock.
- Add papaya and sweet potato and cook until tender.
- Place 2 tablespoonful of mixture in lumpia wrapper and fold tightly.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- For the dipping sauce: Mix all ingredients and boil until thick, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Garnish with cucumber
- Serve with sauce.
- Makes 8 servings.
You like this page?
Feel free to send us recipes, comments and suggestions.
About Me ¦
Copyright © 2014 Vegan Pinoy. All rights reserved. ¦